Sunday, June 20, 2010

Field Trip


Not everyone could go on the field trip. There were ten of us so we all fit into one van. We left around 6 AM. The drive took about 2 hours. We stopped for breakfast at a Shell station. There were a lot of fast food places to choose from. We ate at a place that had fresh bread. It was very good.

Along the way I saw banana and guava trees. There were lots of flowering trees but I do not know what they are called. Also fields of pineapple. Everything is green now. It is rainy season.

We also saw many kinds of homes. There were new suburbs and mansions and squatters. There are a lot of people and they are all very close together.

We stopped at a place where there is a volcano in a lake in a volcano. What an incredible view!! Check out the picture. Usually this place is cool but it was a warm day. It was so nice to be in the sun. I had not seen the sun since leaving home.

Then we went to a small zoo. There was a baby tiger and she reminded me of Cleo. I could see the resemblance. They also had a zip line. The kids wanted me to go on it but I told them to go first and then I would go. They just laughed. They did not want to go either.

We went to lunch at a fancy garden. They had lots of flowers and food was great. By this time everyone was getting really tired.

The trip back was really quiet. I had too much to look at but the others were sound asleep. The driver was good but aggressive. You have to be aggresive to get anywhere. The roads are so narrow and no one obeys the rules, if there are any?

The driver dropped me off at the hotel, so I was able to get to bed right away. I was tired because I had been awake for 20 hours. I had a very good and long sleep.


2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Did you take a picture of the baby tiger? Cleo wants to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not take a picture. He was in a cage and it was too sad. They were charging people to hold him and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete