Monday, June 28, 2010

Out of the Ordinary #3

A person could get used to the way the hotel workers treat their guests. I had problems connecting to the Shell net, I called and the computer butler came and tried to help. He suggested I call my help desk but I doubted they could help either. The ladies at the reception desk know my schedule and my room number by heart. The girls in the restaurant now know my name and room number also. This is special treatment but I miss my family and friends terribly.

The days have been all blending into one another. I go to work and then I sleep. Unfortunately now, I think I might be coming down with a cold. They have it so cold at work we are all shivering in our classroom. Today I put coffee into my water bottle and used it to warm me up. I did not bring warm enough clothes for work. The windows are fogged up because it is so cold inside and warm outside. Strange!

The trainees have come up with some interesting questions. They want to know if it snows every month. I say it could and has but it does not always. They asked me if we all drink wine to stay warm. I said we are not Russians; we can stay warm without alcohol. They wanted a description of the worst winter storm. I kept it down to three. They are fascinated by our cold weather.

I was asked where was the best place to visit in Canada, so I told them about the Stampede. They could not understand what was so interesting about riding a bull or a wagon with four horses pulling it. I told them that Esther and Lowen went camping for the weekend in a national park. No one would sleep outside here. There may be bears at home but a driver told me the rats here are bigger than the cats, and they are mean. I would not want to meet one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment