Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out of the Ordinary


I saw this sign in the elevator. I did not know that earthquakes were common here but I asked around and found out that they are. Oh well, I am on the 26th floor??

At home my glasses fog up when it is cold and I go from outside to inside. Now, here in Manila, my glasses fog up when I go from inside to outside. That was a surprise.

At the restaurant reception area I was second in line but because I was a foreigner, they ignored the first person and took me. I was shocked. Then at work, the security guard pulled out the people in the elevator so I could ride up on my own. I forget that I stand out here sometimes, but then there are occasions when it is a benefit.

I ordered the beef and broccoli at the cafeteria at work but there was no broccoli only beef. That made me laugh!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you're being treated like royalty!

    I remember when we were in Italy I was in a drug store and was waiting in line to make my purchase. Every time a cashier became available, a local would just butt in front of me. So I learned very quickly that I had to be aggressive and not just wait there for a clerk to call me over like they do in Canada.

    Kind of the opposite of your experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an experience, it sounds like they are treating you good and that you are having a great time, can hardly wait till you're home and hear the rest of the story

    ReplyDelete